Well I suppose it would be rude to keep browsing through posts and not at least say hello. My name is Aaron and I live just outside of Port Hope Ontario a small town famous for low level radioactive waste contamination and a well preserved downtown and probably the two are related. I've been interested in falconry ever since I was a little kid (I blame My Side of the Mountain) but I never really put much thought into actually doing it myself and it was something that I doubt a landlord would have tolerated anyway.

I've now got my own place with a bit of property and I'm getting ready to make the leap into something I've always wanted to do. I've been reading a lot of books and countless forum posts and I've got a space booked at the Ontario Hawking Club's Apprentice Workshop for a bit more firsthand knowledge to see what I'm getting into. My wife is less than thrilled that I've got a space picked out for a "giant birdhouse" as she calls it when I've put off building her the new garden shed she's been asking for the last three years. I figure the bird would probably appreciate it more and criticize my lack of carpentry skills less but she knows how long I've wanted to do this and has agreed to support me as long as I finish her shed sometime before hell freezes over.

Well hopefully this all pans out for me and I can start pestering people for advice and tips and eventually even start contributing rather than just living vicariously through posts and pictures.