Thread: New Improved Handle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Improved Handle

It appears that Marshall has made some improvements to the handle provided with their receivers. The new one is a much more ergonomic pistol grip which is shaped to fit the hand better and has some contours to make it easier to hold with a gloved or wet hand. The new one is on the right.
    Ron N1WT Vermont

Quote Originally Posted by rkumetz View Post
    It appears that Marshall has made some improvements to the handle provided with their receivers. The new one is a much more ergonomic pistol grip which is shaped to fit the hand better and has some contours to make it easier to hold with a gloved or wet hand. The new one is on the right.

Never mind the grip Ron - does the new one stay in place!

Gerry x
    Gerry Plant

Quote Originally Posted by sugezwolf View Post
    Never mind the grip Ron - does the new one stay in place!

Gerry x
    I am guessing that you have had problems in this area? (Pretty insightful of me, eh?)

I haven't had issues in that area but I can see where the locking screw could be a problem. I personally would have gone with some sort of pin with a spring rather than the screw but nobody asked me.

That being said I think just about everyone here would agree that Marshall is really good with support so why not send them an email or give a call? I would be interested to hear if other people have had this problem.
    Ron N1WT Vermont

My handle fell off. Its lost in the woods forever. I just don't use a handle anymore.
    Jason N

I was using mine yesterday and the handle fell off; I have trouble getting the attachment tight enough, the way it's designed and the way my fingers don't function well in the cold. Once tightened as much as I can get it, it still feels unstable during a carry of any distance, so I keep holstering it, taking it out, holstering it...I'd hate to have to resort to gorilla tape! /jo
    Jo Turley

Quote Originally Posted by rkumetz View Post
    I am guessing that you have had problems in this area? (Pretty insightful of me, eh?)

I haven't had issues in that area but I can see where the locking screw could be a problem. I personally would have gone with some sort of pin with a spring rather than the screw but nobody asked me.

That being said I think just about everyone here would agree that Marshall is really good with support so why not send them an email or give a call? I would be interested to hear if other people have had this problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason123 View Post
    My handle fell off. Its lost in the woods forever. I just don't use a handle anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by joturley View Post
    I was using mine yesterday and the handle fell off; I have trouble getting the attachment tight enough, the way it's designed and the way my fingers don't function well in the cold. Once tightened as much as I can get it, it still feels unstable during a carry of any distance, so I keep holstering it, taking it out, holstering it...I'd hate to have to resort to gorilla tape! /jo

Hi Ron, Jason & Jo - the problem I have found is the handle is a two-piece design with the plastic/dieldrin handle affixed to a metal section that then slides into the receiver itself. The plastic comes away from the metal & clearly a one-piece design would erase this issue.

Gerry x
    Gerry Plant

Quote Originally Posted by joturley View Post
    Gerry, Jason and Jo, if you each will send me your shipping address, I will ship out one of the new design handles to try.

It'd be great to see what you think of the changes, and if it solves these issues for you?

You can just send me a Private Message, that's fine.
    RB

Thread Information