Thread: Hello I am the creator of a falconry App

Smile Hello I am the creator of a falconry App

Hello, my name is Alvaro Perez, from Spain.

I have a friend of mine that has a precious Harris Hawk, and talk to me about create an APP Flight diary for his Harris Hawk, I think that could be a good idea and we make an APP called - Falcon log -, this is ready for use in Android and Iphone.
    If you want to try it, It´s in English, spanish and portuguese It´s free and no ads, and very easy to use.
    I wanted to make this application here in the United States. Since we have users in the UK, and many other parts of the world.
    All comments good or bad are very appreciated

Red face My apologies for forgetting to sign

Quote Originally Posted by Alvaro Perez View Post
    Hello, my name is Alvaro Perez, from Spain.

I have a friend of mine that has a precious Harris Hawk, and talk to me about create an APP Flight diary for his Harris Hawk, I think that could be a good idea and we make an APP called - Falcon log -, this is ready for use in Android and Iphone.
    If you want to try it, It´s in English, spanish and portuguese It´s free and no ads, and very easy to use.
    I wanted to make this application here in the United States. Since we have users in the UK, and many other parts of the world.
    All comments good or bad are very appreciated
    Alvaro Perez
    Alvaro Perez

Welcome Alvaro,
    Why not place the english version of your Flight Diary here on NAFEX? I think that you would get more readers than going to another app.

All the best!
    Jeff,
    Northern Black Hills, Wyoming

Did not know this forum until this morning. English forum I present my friend, who has a harris hawk. Thanks for your interest, if you can try it for android at this link. Or search the Apple Store with the name of Falcon Log.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...YWxjb25Mb2ciXQ..
    Alvaro Perez

Cool, I'll give it a try! Thanks!
    Lauren Helton

Hello Alvaro

any chance making a Iphone compatible one?
    Ricco
    Calm seas have never made a good sailor.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Foot View Post
    Hello Alvaro

He probably realized that Android phones are outselling iPhones by a serious margin and decided not to waste his time.
    Ron N1WT Vermont

Hello Alvaro

Doesn't it seem like in post #4 that his mention of the apple store make it seem like it would be compatible with iPhone? I downloaded it to my iphone 4s and I guess it works, although I haven't tried to load anything into it yet. Maybe I'll make up a mock bird to see what it does.
    Note: I just added in some stuff about my bird molting etc., and it worked just fine on my iPhone. Not enough data yet to see how the graph part works, but otherwise it seems to have some useful aspects to it. I'll use it when I remember.lol
    Last edited by PeteJ; 04-24-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: added data
    Pete J
    It's all just too Zen for me.

Smile Falcon Log APP for Iphone

Hello Alvaro

The App Falcon log its on the App Store for Iphone and Ipad.

Thanks for interest
    Alvaro Perez

I made an app for my computer a long time ago, some of you may have downloaded it. What I found was after you do this for a while, you either write a log daily for that book you are going to write so you can become a famous falconer or you write down the basics and it doesn't take an app to do that. LOL Now days, I write down start weight, where I hunted so I don't hit the same place over and over, end weight, maybe a comment if something happened special and what game was caught.

It always amuses me that people write down what the food they fed their bird weighed, can't you sort of figure that out by start weight and end weight? LOL
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    It always amuses me that people write down what the food they fed their bird weighed, can't you sort of figure that out by start weight and end weight? LOL
    No. Most birds will burn different food sources at a different rate. My last RT would burn through rabbit like no tomorrow but would hold quail fairly well.
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirthawking View Post
    No. Most birds will burn different food sources at a different rate. My last RT would burn through rabbit like no tomorrow but would hold quail fairly well.
    Ok Mario, if you weigh your bird before you take it hunting and it weighs 800 g, during hunting and after the kill you feed it rabbit and it weighs 900 g. You fed it 100 g. If you fed it quail and it was the same weights, wouldn't it still be 100 g? Duh! I am not talking about how much they burn through, that would determine what their weight would be the next day when you hunt. I am just talking about writing down how much you fed them and weighing the food first, not necessary. And of course, everyone should know that different foods burn through different birds at different weights but that is something that has to be learned and would be reflected on the next days weight. It ain't rocket science! LOL
    Fred

And writing it down is one good way for an apprentice to learn that is it not?
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirthawking View Post
    And writing it down is one good way for an apprentice to learn that is it not?
    If you had read my post thoroughly, you would have seen where I mentioned that I used to write everything down but after many seasons, I don't need to write it all down. So that kind of suggest that what I was saying wasn't for apprentices, is it not?
    Fred

quickly checked out the app, its usable the way it is but could be more convenient, a few problems i noticed that could be fixed.

> written examples for the example bird is not in the selected language, the singular and plural of species is species, not "specie" (and other translation mistakes)
    > all or most empty input text fields should be filled with a greyed out place-holders.
    > an option to switch month and date positions
    > ability to add new and common hawking location on an interactive map
    > have the weather forecast automatic logged for the day, no one is going to fill in that wall of input fields.
    > a warning that shows as a red data point on the graph when a bird goes outside a weight range the falconer has set.
    > i like the weight graph but it could have better readability

Thanks for your work, hope for future versions!
    Travis Jenkins

Default Review of the APP

Quote Originally Posted by Manganese View Post
    quickly checked out the app, its usable the way it is but could be more convenient, a few problems i noticed that could be fixed.

> written examples for the example bird is not in the selected language, the singular and plural of species is species, not "specie" (and other translation mistakes)
    > all or most empty input text fields should be filled with a greyed out place-holders.
    > an option to switch month and date positions
    > ability to add new and common hawking location on an interactive map
    > have the weather forecast automatic logged for the day, no one is going to fill in that wall of input fields.
    > a warning that shows as a red data point on the graph when a bird goes outside a weight range the falconer has set.
    > i like the weight graph but it could have better readability

Thanks for your work, hope for future versions!
    Thank you very much for your interest in our App
    In the following updates will try to resolve translation errors.
    We take into account all the suggestions that you doing to improve it, is what we do, we hear the opinions and try to include them.
    Alvaro Perez

I would have used this app as an apprentice with a Kestrel. I kept a written log which worked fine, but this would have been cool. Especially if I could have shared it with my sponsor like a shared calendar. This could be a cool and simple way for sponsors to have access to pertinent information if their apprentice has a question or problem.
    Katy "A dog is going to see you in one of two ways. You are either an asset or a hindrance to him." Brad Higgins

Default Share information

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I would have used this app as an apprentice with a Kestrel. I kept a written log which worked fine, but this would have been cool. Especially if I could have shared it with my sponsor like a shared calendar. This could be a cool and simple way for sponsors to have access to pertinent information if their apprentice has a question or problem.
    Thank you for comment, and I will have your comment in consideration for further versions. The Idea of share information to create a files base with information of the users is in our mind since the first version.

Alvaro
    Alvaro Perez

Smile Actualization for FalconLog APP

Hi I 'm from the development team FalconLog the application of falconry.

Firstly thank you all for using the application , and has accumulated over 3000 users worldwide downloads.

We conducted a series of improvements in the last upgrade in response to your suggestions , besides fixing bugs and problems , will no longer be necessary to configure the module climate in Iphone:

These are some of the improvements

- You can add photos to the profile of each bird .
    - You can add photos to each day with records of height, weight, sets and catches .
    - Font size selection on Settings .
    - Imperial units, pounds, ounces .
    - Improved navigation daily .
    - Ability to export in TXT or CSV format daily bird , shown in Falcon phone Log folder accessible from the computer through the USB , it looks like any memory card. This way you can print as a daily paper , all the data that we have included.

The upgrade is also available for Iphone , Ipad, at the Apple Store.

Is very much appreciated all your input and will continue to update the application.

To download the Android version

download the version for Apple

https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/falc...634949794?mt=8

Greetings to all ,

Alvaro Perez
    Alvaro Perez

Does the app measure in grams as well? For smaller birds we weight in grams
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk1 View Post
    Does the app measure in grams as well? For smaller birds we weight in grams
    Yes, Matt. You can change from imperial to metric,

Nice app. We have just moved to a new climate and it is nice to keep track of weights and temperatures in this app. You can add notes to describe what you fed the bird on each day and if you flew them, etc. Just like a traditional log, but on your phone for easy access. Sure, old school journal and feeling keel is just as good, but it is a cool way to keep data at hand.
    Katy "A dog is going to see you in one of two ways. You are either an asset or a hindrance to him." Brad Higgins

dboyrollz76 Guest

don't forget the windows phone users.

WHAT?! That is bomb!! I can't believe I didn't think of that lol. Installing it immediately! I'll give you feedback on it! Thanks!
    Ryan

Default Version of Falcon Log APP for Windows Phone

Quote Originally Posted by dboyrollz76 View Post
    don't forget the windows phone users.
    My partner in creating this application has a new Windows Phone, If he wants, we will post Falcon Log APP for Windows Phone too, but not when it will be.
    Alvaro Perez

All the feedback Is always well accepted, thanks, and don´t forget to write a review in the Store.
    Alvaro Perez

Thread Information