Thread: What's up from Central Jersey

Cool What's up from Central Jersey

Hey,

Just wanted to give a brief introduction. I've been interested in falconry for some time time now and have done much reading and studying. Recently I joined the New Jersey Falconry Club and had a chance to go on a hunt; needless to say I'm hooked!

I just took and passed the states falconry exam an am in the beginning process of gathering equipment and building mews. I'm fairly new to these boards but they seem like a valuable resource and look forward to taking full advantage of it.

Rich R

Welcome to NAFEX and the New Jersey Falconry Club Rich, and congratulations on passing your exam.

You will find this forum is an excellent source of information. That said, always remember that your sponsor is the first person you should always go to for advice and assistance.

Was your opportunity to go out on a hunt at the NJ Falconry Club Winter Meet?

No, unfortunately, I wanted to be there but it didn't work out. I went out with a member and their Kestrel recently. I'm really looking forward to the summer meetup though.
    Rich R

Quote Originally Posted by Zil View Post
    No, unfortunately, I wanted to be there but it didn't work out. I went out with a member and their Kestrel recently. I'm really looking forward to the summer meetup though.
    Sounds like you went out with Robbie. I'm sure his Kestrel put on a good show!

Quote Originally Posted by joekoz View Post
    Sounds like you went out with Robbie. I'm sure his Kestrel put on a good show!
    We tried! I think we did OK. Its a little more work flushing Rabbits for a Red Tail than doing a drive by for starlings.But he got to see a catch and I explained the difference to him.
    Rob

Thread Information