Ok, you know you are a little addicted to raptors when you get a call the evening before about a raptor in someones back yard and you leave work at 7 a.m., drive home, load up your car and drive 45 minutes to look for said bird when you just worked all night and have a phone interview at 4 p.m.!

So I drive to this ladies house and she tells me about this bird killing a crow in her back yard the day before and it had things hanging from its legs and looked like it was limping and they called some folks and they said to put a box over it and she said it flew off when they tried to put the box over it but was staying in the dead tree in the middle of her field. She said about 20 minutes before I got there the bird was mobbed by crows and flew off. She had put the half eaten crow in the barrel and I picked it out and attached it to my lure and started blowing the whistle and swinging the lure. Nothing for 20 minutes. I asked her what was that property I saw coming down the road with the fence all the way around and wide open and she said it was a rock quarry and said I could get in there as there was an office about 2 miles down the road with an opening.

So I drive down to the rock quarry office and go inside and explain that I am trying to locate a lost falconry bird and could I go over near the edge of the rock quarry and try and call the bird in and they said yes. Well, I go out and I swing the lure for about 5 minutes and am about to give up when I look all the way across the quarry and I see that familiar wing beat of what can only be a falcon. Here she comes all the way across the quarry. She makes a pass at the lure and the turns and comes down on it. I walk over and she is leaning back so I step on one of her jesses just in case and reach down and pick her up. She isn't too happy but lets me hood her and I bring her home and she ate 2 chicks off the fist and is now on the block perch on the table perch in my computer room.

So if anyone lost an adult captive bred peregrine falcon, let me know. I will contact Atlanta and see if they can look up the band number. I am off to bed as I have to get up at 3:45 for a phone interview, so don't even try and call me. LOL

A couple pics of the pretty girl.

On the fist all hooded.

In the giant hood for the drive home.

At home on her block perch, for now! LOL