Thread: Phoenix (nickname Finn the Shin)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wes,

He is just gorgeous! Perhaps its the camera or the lighting, but he has some very "red" hughes in his feathers.

The excitement begins!

caleb
    Caleb Stroh
    Kaysville, UT

Quote Originally Posted by calebstroh View Post
    Wes,

He is just gorgeous! Perhaps its the camera or the lighting, but he has some very "red" hughes in his feathers.

The excitement begins!

caleb
    Thanks Caleb. You are right, there is some red for sure in there. I think he is a pretty little bugger too.

I let him kill another baggie tonight. He chased it hard in the air in my bedroom but missed it. When he caught it on the ground, he really just plays with it and when I open it up, he really isn't very interested to be honest. He was 114 g tonight. He has got to be almost hard penned if he isn't already. I am going to begin to feed him a gram less each morning and all he wants every evening for a while until I get him down to one feeding a day and by that time, hopefully he will be more solid outside and I won't be so nervous to turn him loose. Right now there is no doubt in my mind it would be back up in a tree and I would wait a long time or maybe forever for him to come back down. He still is tight winged on the lure and kill, no mantling. I have noticed he takes food a little bit more aggressively since we don't do the mid day feeding thing. I didn't mean to go to two a day, but my wife misunderstood a few days ago and skipped it so I decided to just go with that for a while with all he wants in the morning and evening. Now like I said I am at the point where I am going to taper the morning one off. Time to start moving the little guy toward hunting.
    Thanks,
    Wes

Thread Information