Right, the true imprint bond, and taking them out round winged, develops fidelity to the area. Oliphant's have the entire cresche scene as a bond and feeding times... though an Austrian alps falconer tried one w/ a lone bird. He seems to think it was going great... bird was killed early on though.

Other than the time involved we choose w/ going the imprint route, a 100% pure tiercel peales, will make you question your methods . Again, very vocal and loud (umm the breeder does not do imprints unless of breeding only). As several can attest: I had the older brother for one day (18 days old) and told all my user group - he was going to be the noisiest imprint I have ever head. He lived up to billing. Hard wired.

Until this type, all my imprints were "reasonably" quiet. One of the best being a 38 oz Peales/Anatum cross (what a friggin' beast). But I love these tiercel peales. They have brought style and panache back to duck hawking (I'm a reluctant semi retired prairie chicken hawker) that I am already addicted to. As fun and thrilling as grouse hawking. Just looking for anything in the future to have my cake and eat it too w/ a quiet, well mannered one, and imprint can do attitude... and since our user group seemingly get smaller, I'll pick the brains of is who neck deep into imprints. Clearly Oliphant is going that way - knowing what imprint can do...maybe guys like us have been exploiting the 4WW all along? - constant thought while I was reading his 'book' (not much cost into printing, it's a spiral binder!), otherwise he would chamber or wild hack just like everyone else, no?

Tim