Thread: Hi from Oregon

Default Hi from Oregon

Hi everyone! I'm a raptor handler at the High Desert Museum, and also an apprentice falconer. I just got a sponsor (also my boss,) and I am going to go trapping for a red tail this fall! I don't know if I should get a male or a female! Anyone with red tail experience want to help me decide? I'm located in between the pine forest and the badlands, rabbits and squirrels everywhere!

Welcome!!! I'm in Portland/Gladstone and I'm just starting my apprenticeship too, so I can't really offer any advice, but I wanted to say "hi"
    Evan P

Hey there, fellow Oregonian! I'm actually in Arkansas at the moment, but I'm hoping to return once I've finished grad school. Always loved the High Desert Museum, what a great place. And I'm sure that whether you go with a male or female redtail, you'll do just fine.
    Lauren Helton

Hi Scott! I'm in East Texas and flying a male Red-tail. A "tweener" and I love him! Some folks totally think males are "best", another camp of folks think females are "best". All I can say is whether you fly a male or female, you are in for a ton of fun! ENJOY your Red-tail!
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Thread Information