Quote Originally Posted by JrHawker View Post
Wow Fred, let's just nit pick the definition of the word own here. I'm pretty sure we all know that these birds do not belong to us as we all are well aware that they are federal property and the feds can take them at anytime if we are in violation of our permits. That being said you should still take 'ownership' of the bird that is in your care. Thus 'owning' a bird. Now as far as the requirement of hunting goes to have the permit, I was informed by the new Maryland regs that you must obtain a hunting permit before you can advance from apprentice to general and my sponsor has told me that it is a requirement that you hunt with your bird. Sorry you majesty if little ol' me is miss informing the public with my stupidity.

Michael, when you put MUST in front of own, how do you expect anyone to take it? Seriously, do you think anyone belives you were trying to use the word own in a way meaning take care of? Come on! I am not trying to be a know it all but you really do need to read more on here and post a bit less until you have some more experience. And to correct you again, you have to have a hunting license to get a falconry permit and that is the first year you are an apprentice, not just when you go from an apprentice to a general! I don't know of any state that doesn't require a hunting permit, unless it is already included in the falconry permit, which some states do.

Let me ask you one question Michael, is your sponsor on NAFEX and if not, does he know all the things you are posting on here? You might want to have a little chat with him and see how he feels about it.