Quote Originally Posted by Tony James View Post
Sorry, yes, I'd misunderstood completely.

I must admit there have been times when I've wanted to use a micro, but have been thwarted because the tail mount has been of the powermax size.
It would be great if they were interchangeable (I had considered using two tail mounts, one on each deck feather, to enable me to use either/or dependant on circumstances).

Regards,

Tony.
Tony-

More and more people are using the Micro on larger birds, hence, the creation of the "Micro-Medium" tail pieces, large enough to fit the larger quill but Micro sized receptacle on top.

While the Micro can fit in the regular sized tail pieces if you needed to in an emergency (no other options that day), it's not as ideal or secure.

So, it's a decision as to if one believes they will be switching between transmitters and want to keep the options open, or, if one has decided to be only using the Micro on the tail all season long. The right sized tail piece is the answer.

It's my belief that the ideal arrangement these days for two transmitters is a Turbo on the back as the primary, and the Micro on the tail as the low-impact backup. At only 3.5 grams with battery installed, flat low-profile design and short antenna, it's the safest option possible for a tail mount.

And for a number of reasons, the UHF is about 3x the power of it's 216 equivalent, so those are being discovered as a long range option as well.

Just some thoughts on this. Hope all's going well in the green and pleasant land.

RB