Hello, I have recently become really fascinated with falconry. (Recently being a relative term, I have been obsessed with BOP's since middle school and am now way into college). My question is this: I live in Northeast Philadelphia (SE PA), and I have two major obstacles to get through if I would like to consider falconry. First is the fact that I have no idea whether or not there are any sponsors near me. I feel like everyone that practices falconry is in NW PA.
Also, I know the sport is time consuming. So I want to ask this: how many hours per DAY do you spend on your bird (non-hunting day)? I plan on going to medical school, and that is time consuming in itself, so I know I cannot put in more than two hours into the bird on a typical day.
And yes, I have been to the PA website for Falconry but they do not list the names of any sponsors, so I have no idea if any are near me.

What I would really like to do is tag along while someone is hunting to get kind of a ‘feel’ for the whole thing.

Rima