Thread: Hello from Pennsylvania

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello and welcome!
    ~Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by lxlMurdoclxl View Post
    falconers tend to be a little "different" by nature... you will probably fit right in....
    I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by royale26 View Post
    Rima,
    Cheri Heimbach is our apprentice coordinator and her email is located on our state falconry website. If you can not locate it, PM me and I will pass along her information. She will be able to best direct you to able/willing potential sponsors in your area. Most guys/gals (from my experience) like to have you go hunting with them for a season to asses your commitment. Do not be afraid to ask a falconer to go hunting and follow up with him/her if it doesn't happen right away. I personally do not "beg" interested persons to go hunting and expect follow up to come from their end. Falconry is for the most part a solitary activity and getting your schedule to mesh with someone might be difficult. My wife and I are both medical professionals as well as falconers, and you are more than welcome to come hawking with us if you ever make it up to Lewisburg.
    I will keep that in mind for the future, thank you! I will not contact her just yet, I know that I do not want to be an apprentice for at least a year because of my schedule for the upcoming school year. During this time I will see if there is anyone I can spend a couple of days with in the field/ do research/ try to figure out if I can fit a mews in my yard. But it is great to hear that someone in the medical field is into falconry, I will be sure to let you know if I ever get to your neck of the woods, and I appreciate the invitation!

Quote Originally Posted by cindy View Post
    Hello and welcome!
    Thank you!
    -Rima

Thread Information