Quote Originally Posted by sharptail View Post
Hi Tommy and welcome to a portion of the falconry community. Yours is an interesting story in that you have become interested in falconry from the Law Enforcement side of our grossly over regulated sport. I am pleased that you may become a falconer, coming from a LE back ground. I cannot tell you that I believe that government inspection(administrative searches) have any valid business being any part of a benign endeavor as the art and sport is, as it has no major influence on the health, safety or the well being of our society.

Allow me to suggest that you read from another source than you are likely not to find in your courses required reading. It is WILDLIFE LAW, REGULATION AND FALCONRY, by William Murrin & Hal Webster. This is a new book and can be ordered from Western Sporting, a falconry supply Co. in Sheridan Wy. Hal is the famed author of N. American Falconry and Hunting Hawks. and Bill Murrin is a past Pres. of the American Falconry Conservancy. I would be interested to read of your opinion on this works.
Jeff,

That does sound like a very interesting piece of literature. I will definitely look into that and see if I can fit that into the already enormous pile of falconry research I am currently doing. Thanks for the recommendation!