• You + Guest + Guest (3)

0 0%
  • You + Guest + Guest + Guest (4)

2 11.11%
  • Over 5 of us! Beer is on us

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NAFEX Dinner 2013.Alamosa.Co

I should be there and if I am, I'll bring _something_ for the door prizes. Everyone in the world has one of the orange equipment books by now, so let me see if I can think of something else.
    Bryan Kimsey

Quote Originally Posted by NMHighPlains View Post
    I should be there and if I am, I'll bring _something_ for the door prizes. Everyone in the world has one of the orange equipment books by now, so let me see if I can think of something else.
    record a CD and donate that Bryan.. I'm in for that
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    record a CD and donate that Bryan.. I'm in for that
    YOU might be, but it's a door prize and what if some poor sod who hates me, acoustic music, and especially me playing acoustic music wins it?

Just for you, though, I might see what I can toss together on a CD. I have done some recordings over the years....
    Bryan Kimsey

Quote Originally Posted by NMHighPlains View Post
    YOU might be, but it's a door prize and what if some poor sod who hates me, acoustic music, and especially me playing acoustic music wins it?

Just for you, though, I might see what I can toss together on a CD. I have done some recordings over the years....
    cool!
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Awesome thanks guys for the continued donations. Every bit helps

Marshall and Mikes Falconry have also donated to the cause. Both Mike and Robert are always very generous with what they send.

I have a tentative place It will be at 600 PM at the St Luis Brewing company. When I arrive in Alamosa I will check the place out and then post if this is the place. Unless its full of rats it will be here. here is the Web site http://www.slvbrewco.com/

Hey Chris C is this early enough so you can make it?

I am looking forward to it.
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    Awesome thanks guys for the continued donations. Every bit helps

Marshall and Mikes Falconry have also donated to the cause. Both Mike and Robert are always very generous with what they send.

I have a tentative place It will be at 600 PM at the St Luis Brewing company. When I arrive in Alamosa I will check the place out and then post if this is the place. Unless its full of rats it will be here. here is the Web site http://www.slvbrewco.com/

Hey Chris C is this early enough so you can make it?

I am looking forward to it.
    YEAH, I'll make it with a sparrow trap for the raffle
    Comeaux
    IT'S NOT THE KILL...IT'S THE THRILL OF THE CHASE!

"Emperor Coon Ass"

Quote Originally Posted by COMEAUX View Post
    YEAH, I'll make it with a sparrow trap for the raffle
    POW! Thanks my friend!!!
    Chris Lynn

Chris, I am sure that the San Luis Brewery will be filled with rats, or as we liked to be called falconers. That place will be filled every night and probably most of the day. Its not a huge place. I have eaten there and the food is good, so hopefully there will be enough room for all of us.

Jim
    New Mexican

if there's lounge lizards for Gaz, it's all good
    Rich in Illinois....

I might have missed the day in an earlier post but is it 6pm Tuesday?

Count me in but I'm not sure what I'll bring, don't have any falconry related item that I care to part with at the moment, but I'll bring something good.
    Melissa (Missy) Wardle

Quote Originally Posted by raptrlvr View Post
    Chris, I am sure that the San Luis Brewery will be filled with rats, or as we liked to be called falconers. That place will be filled every night and probably most of the day. Its not a huge place. I have eaten there and the food is good, so hopefully there will be enough room for all of us.
    Thanks Jim for the heads up. I reserved an area for us so we should have plenty of room. i will go check it out to make sure though. Thanks again and see you there

if there's lounge lizards for Gaz, it's all good

Quote Originally Posted by Shehawker View Post
    I might have missed the day in an earlier post but is it 6pm Tuesday?

Count me in but I'm not sure what I'll bring, don't have any falconry related item that I care to part with at the moment, but I'll bring something.
    Yes it is on tuesday at 6pm. Be sure to check this thread or the front page of NAFEX for the exact place. I like to check the venues out and try the alcohol out to make sure you guys won't get poisoned... you all can thank me later

Everything is welcomed at the raffle, sometimes Gaz raffles himself off for a "fun" night... I stay out of that part of it
    Chris Lynn

Attendance Poll added. Please let me know if you are coming. Even if you might come, this will help me make sure I have a big enough venue.

Thanks

Chris
    Chris Lynn

Hey, not many have signed up at the beginning of this thread. Get on it for a count.
    I'll be bringing a few nice things for the raffle for both NAFA and NaFEX.
    See you there.
    In the "Art"
    Michael W. Kuriga

Chris -

I'll be there along with Jim Frazier. I've got a set of rechargeable 2-way radios for the raffle.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Paul

As long as it goes smoothly I should have a trash can giant hood for a Merlin or Kestrel to donate. Started it yesterday and only need to add a couple hasps a perch and some venting to be finished.
    Darren Lemieux

Quote Originally Posted by falcipiter View Post
    Hey, not many have signed up at the beginning of this thread. Get on it for a count.
    I'll be bringing a few nice things for the raffle for both NAFA and NaFEX.
    See you there.
    Hi Michael,

Yeah I just started the poll we usually have around 30-40 people show up. I think this year will be a little less as I didn't promote it as much nor is the donation list as long.

Thank you for the donation, I really appreciate it! Please be safe in your travels

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mascuch View Post
    Chris -

I'll be there along with Jim Frazier. I've got a set of rechargeable 2-way radios for the raffle.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Paul
    Paul, thank you for the donation of the radios, They will be well received.

Looking forward to it too my friend, please be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by DLemieux View Post
    As long as it goes smoothly I should have a trash can giant hood for a Merlin or Kestrel to donate. Started it yesterday and only need to add a couple hasps a perch and some venting to be finished.
    Darren,

Thank you sir! That is a great addition, GH are always needed. Post a pic if you get a chance.

See you soon!
    Chris Lynn

Be there w/4 brutha, (apprentice is stowing away to escape the tornado damage) donations as usual, you bet
    Rich in Illinois....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    Thank you sir! That is a great addition, GH are always needed. Post a pic if you get a chance.
    My pleasure. I finished it all up and it wasn't until just before my last task (drilling vent holes) that I realized I hinged the door on the wrong side. It is still quite usable just awkward now. Maybe some lucky lefty out there will win it.

It is mounted on a piece of ply that I installed some "U" channel on to act as a kind of drawer slide to make cleaning easier. Just remove the channel on the end that is held on with the wing nuts and slide it out.

Darren Lemieux

Be there w/4 brutha, (apprentice is stowing away to escape the tornado damage) donations as usual, you bet

Thank you Rich for the donations.. you and your family are always a huge supporters of the dinner and NAFEX. It means the world to me, thank you! BTW I said the hell with it and I am using the protector and the flask... They both work very well ; )

Quote Originally Posted by DLemieux View Post
    My pleasure. I finished it all up and it wasn't until just before my last task (drilling vent holes) that I realized I hinged the door on the wrong side. It is still quite usable just awkward now. Maybe some lucky lefty out there will win it.

It is mounted on a piece of ply that I installed some "U" channel on to act as a kind of drawer slide to make cleaning easier. Just remove the channel on the end that is held on with the wing nuts and slide it out.

]
    Hey man I have made that mistake plenty of times when I used to build PVC hoods. Hey it still works and will do its job. Thank you for taking the time to build it. See you soon
    Chris Lynn

We have another donation from David Frank From Western Sporting.

David always send great donations and he has supported the NAFEX dinner from the beginning. Thank you David!
    Chris Lynn

Chris how do you want donations delivered at the meet. Just show up with them or do you need them before hand?
    Melissa (Missy) Wardle

Quote Originally Posted by Shehawker View Post
    Chris how do you want donations delivered at the meet. Just show up with them or do you need them before hand?
    Since Chris isoff line, most just bring with.
    Rich in Illinois....

Chris
    I will be there and will be bringing 1 guest with me. Not sure what I'll have for the raffle this year yet, but I'll bring something worthwhile.
    Joel
    "Nothing worthwhile is free. Anything in life worth doing takes effort."

I'll be there for the first time in a few years! Booked my flight last night. Can't wait. I'll donate a couple of dho-ghazza nets I tied. I'm no master net maker but they'll work! I will be there with my son, so add two to the count.
    -Isaac

Sorry I haven't been on in a while I have been out hunting at NAFA. Cold and snowy here but we are having a good time and getting some good flights on ducks.

Thank you all for the continued support and more donations. This years dinner will be a good time and we will have plenty of items to give away

It will be at St Luis brewing company at 6-630. The address 631 Main Street. They have great food and good micro brews.

See you all there
    Chris Lynn

And it has begun!!!!!

Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

It was a fun time, and I think everyone that showed up won something nice! A big thanks goes to Chris for this site, and the supporters and sponsors that make this a highlight of the trip. I think a good time was had by all... looking forward to next year already!
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

Glad you guys had a great time Ken! I too am already looking forward to next year. I HOPE to be there and if I do make it I will have a special donation for that raffle. Take care and have fun Ken!
    David

We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

Had a great time at the dinner.

Jim
    New Mexican

Jim
    New Mexican

Jim
    New Mexican

Chris - thanks again for a great dinner and raffle. I look forward to the NAFEX dinner every year. These two future apprentices are pretty stoked about their new bow perch!
    Joel
    "Nothing worthwhile is free. Anything in life worth doing takes effort."

Yeomanfalconer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by raptrlvr View Post

I see you there Mr. Frazier. Hard to keep you away from these meets.

Well heck! Wish I had read about this prior to going to the meet. I was actually there when people started showing up but didn't realize what was going on. Sounds like I missed out on a great gathering. Gonna happen again next year in Amarillo?
    Richard Brunotte
    Colorado

Thread Information