Thread: Sponsor help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sponsor help

I have had an interest with falconry for some time now, and making the decision to move forward now. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much time is actually needed to be spent with your sponsor over the two year period, daily? Weekly? Etc. The reason I'm asking is because the nearest available sponsor seems to be a hr+ away. Thanks in advance!

Blake p.

Welcome, Blake! Depends entirely on your sponsor.
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Thanks for the reply! Basically I was trying to figure out if it would even be possible to have a sponsor over such a distance.

It is possible. It depends on you and your sponsor. What you're capable of and what he/she is open to.
    Scott Wright

^ What they said.
    My sponsor and I hardly ever saw each other. But we communicated via phone and email. I kept him apprised of my progress. It was a rough apprenticeship. I wasn't very successful. If you CAN meet more often, I would definitely say do it as often as possible...it will pay off in spades. I still came out OK But that's because I'm too stubborn to quit...still wouldn't recommend the long-distance apprenticeship to anyone if they have another option.
    ~~~Ally~~~ Missoula, MT
    If you dislike a person, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, you are a mile away from them, and have their shoes.

Thread Information