Thread: New to Missouri

Default New to Missouri

Hello all, Cory Martin here....I just thought I'd re-introduce myself. I have had to put falconry on the back burner for a few years now (got married and moved from Mississippi to Missouri). I'm currently trying to finish up my Mews so I can get inspected here in Missouri and get my license reinstated. I'm hoping to get everything done soon and be able to get my traps running in just a few months. My mew is coming along...got some help coming in tonight, so hopefully I can get my windows roof and walls up in the next 2 weeks during my time off. Already pulled all my gear out and gone through it and everything is ready to go. I feel like that beginning apprentice all over again!! I tell people when I talk about Falconry that, "Falconry is NOT a Hobby...Falconry is a WAY OF LIFE!!!" I've missed it so much that my wife said to get what I needed to do done so she didn't have to listen to me complaining about it any more!!!! Yay!!!! Looking forward to meeting old friends and making some new ones!!!

Welcome to Missouri! There's definitely an active falconry community here... Where abouts are you located?

Christian
    Christian H.
    St. Louis, MO

I'm in the Branson, Mo area down south.
    Cory Martin
    "Falconry is NOT a Hobby, but rather a WAY OF LIFE"

Welcome To The Ozarks!!

Cool, I live in springfield myself, or just out side of.

I am about 30 min from branson. how do you like it?
    Cooper Haynes

Welcome back!!! I live in Nevada, about an hour north of Joplin. We are all a very active group. Our first field meet is Saturday October 26th in St. Louis...go to www.missourifalconersassociation.com and check it out!!!

-Meagan Duffee-
    MFA Western Director
    Meagan Duffee

Thanks all for the warm greetings back. Woodsrider, I'm loving it. Been here a little over 2 years now and finally financially stable enough to get back into falconry. Maybe we can hook up on a Sunday or Monday and I can beat some brush for you if you are already hunting!!!
    Meagan, thanks...I'll definitely get over there as soon as I can and check it out. Thanks for the info
    Cory Martin
    "Falconry is NOT a Hobby, but rather a WAY OF LIFE"

I sent you a pm
    Cooper Haynes

Thread Information