Okay. That essentially answers my questions. I wasn't sure if it was luck, guessing, or some little known trade secret. Lol.

It seems like a lot of folks hand feed accipiters? Are they less likely to have problems than other birds? Or is this just a randomly preferred bird to imprint?

And yeah, as someone who just took the test and doesn't have a sponsor I don't -need- to know any of this stuff. That doesn't mean I'm not going to ask questions because I'm not there yet though. I like to learn, and as someone who graduated with a degree in animal behavior, the imprint process fascinates me.

I'm not wanting to learn this stuff because I intend to put it to use any time soon. I'm simply curious. And I don't see that there is any harm in asking questions and learning now. Just because it isn't critical to my current stage in life doesn't mean I should ignore it all and remain ignorant until it does matter.

Again, I like to learn and am simply fascinated by the imprint process. I don't see any harm in that as long as I stick with my current level limitations (apprentice) when practicing falconry.