Quote Originally Posted by Tony James View Post

It's interesting that Steve L asks how it compares to Mavro's book, which comparison of course has been made with Liam's book for the last 17 years

Tony.
There is an inevitable predictability regarding comparisons and/or who is best type discussions. I knew from the moment I started that these would occur. I look on this project as 'standing on the shoulders of giants' and adding new information rather than competing. Who was the 'best' boxer, ali or tyson, joe louis or jack dempsey, was edmund bert better than turberville, what about McDermott v's Perkins or Hollinshead v's McElroy? It never ends really. Ultimately it does not mater as long as the information is there for people to own and access. The real learning comes from the field and the overlap of information between sources regardless of which is 'best'

But the very fact that my name and others is even MENTIONED in the same breath as Marvo and O'Broin then I am happy. In fact I have thanked them both in the opening pages. To sign a copy for you, who met them both, is Tony a rare honour........WOW.