Thread: Hello from NC!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello from NC!!!

Hey everyone. I've recently graduated from UNC-Asheville with a Biology degree. While there I gained a real passion for raptors. I have long wanted to become a falconer but haven't yet taken the leap.

I was out doing some photography the other day and ran into four falconers that were flying Harris Hawks and I was given the pleasure of coming with them on their hunt. It was AWESOME to say the least. I'm hooked now, I am certain I want to become a falconer no matter what it takes.

I have been working with birds of prey for a while now at a local rehab clinic and love that...I think this knowledge will help me with falconry as well.

I've joined this forum in order to learn as much as I can about falconry and hopefully to find a sponsor in Western North Carolina when the time comes. I've contacted the gentlemen that I went out with also, so maybe they'll be able to help me out with sponsorship when I'm ready as well. I am also going back out on a hunt on Friday with the falconers that I've met! I'M STOKED!!!

Thanks and I look forward to gaining as much knowledge as I can from this forum!!

We go by first names here, whats yours?
    Bill

Hi. Who was it you went out with Ling? Charles? I'm in Burlington.

First of all...my name is Kyle. Nice to meet you all!

And yes...I was out with Ling, Scott, and Robert. We were out for a while and then another gentleman by the name of John Browning met up with us.

I've been in contact with Ling and am going out with them again tomorrow. I'm very excited about it.

I am a photographer, that is how I ran into them...I was out at a local lake taking photos of ducks and the like. The ducks scattered and I turn to see a Harris Hawk on the door of Ling's Toyota Tundra! It was wild! I asked if I could photograph his bird and they invited me to come along with them on a hunt.

Needless to say I'm hooked! I've always wanted to practice falconry but thought that there was no one in my area that did it. Well I'm SO glad I was wrong about that.

If anyone would like to see the photos I've got them posted on an online photo album of mine...just let me know.

Thanks for the welcome!!

Kyle

Welcome, Kyle. I hope falconry adds as much to your life as it has to mine.
    Dave

I'm sure it will. It's all I have thought about for the past week! I know it's what I want to do. I'm just glad I ran into those fellas the other day.
    ~Kyle Quattromani

Thread Information