Thread: Hi from South Georgia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hi from South Georgia

Hi, my name is Jason. Iv been living in S Ga for about 5 years now. I just had a b day on the 21st! ' 40...... Im originally from the great state of Tennessee. My wife and I collect ball pythons and blood pythons. If I can say one thing that I have learned about collecting pythons is patients. I recently have gotten interested in falconry and think its something that I would enjoy doing and something that I would be capable of doing. From what I understand I would3nt be able to collect my animal for another year and thats fine with me because I feel that that would give me time to learn enough to be a fair apprentice, and get my ducks in a row. ..

Thanks
    Jason

Hi Jason,
    Collect seems like strange wording. I hope that you plan to actually, regularly, hunt with all raptors that you aquire for falconry. Most falconers have discriptions of those that do not hunt with their birds and none are good. Falconry is defined as hunting wild quarry in it's natural state, with a trained raptor. Enough said.
    Jeff,
    Northern Black Hills, Wyoming

To learn more about the steps to get into falconry, go here: www.themodernapprentice.com
    Kitty Carroll -- The Hawk of May

~~ The essence of falconry is not in the flight or the kill,
    but man's relationship with his hawk --- Terance Hanbury White~~

Quote Originally Posted by sharptail View Post
    Hi Jason,
    Collect seems like strange wording. I hope that you plan to actually, regularly, hunt with all raptors that you aquire for falconry. Most falconers have discriptions of those that do not hunt with their birds and none are good. Falconry is defined as hunting wild quarry in it's natural state, with a trained raptor. Enough said.
    Maybe I worded that wrong. I collect snakes, but DO plan to hunt the birds. When I said "collect" my animal, I should have said trap my animal. Sorry about that.
    Jason

Hello and to NAFEX.
    Jim Blackwell
    "Mitakuye Oyasin"

Thanks for the welcome!
    Jason

Welcome and good luck. Hopefully our regs will be changing here in less than a week, so it will be easier and cheaper for you to get started.
    Thanks,
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by wesleyc6 View Post
    Welcome and good luck. Hopefully our regs will be changing here in less than a week, so it will be easier and cheaper for you to get started.
    Thanks for the welcome. Changing in what way?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Spooky View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. Changing in what way?
    We will be under the new federal regs.
    Thanks,
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by wesleyc6 View Post
    We will be under the new federal regs.
    Thanks. So should I wait for a few weeks before I start studying for the test, or will the changes have nothing to do with that part?
    Thanks
    Jason

Ill be honest, this is all new to me and im prepared to do everything on the legit,,,,, but it seems to me that the government doesn't have its stuff together. How am I suppose to know what I need to become a apprentice falconer in the state of georgia?
    thanks

jason
    Jason Porter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Spooky View Post
    Ill be honest, this is all new to me and im prepared to do everything on the legit,,,,, but it seems to me that the government doesn't have its stuff together. How am I suppose to know what I need to become a apprentice falconer in the state of georgia?
    thanks

jason
    Government, and most people to be fair, aren't so great with change. It has been a bit helter skelter. However if you contact GA DNR Special Permits Division, you should find your feet on the right path. Good luck!
    Thanks,
    Wes

I called them last Thursday and requested my packet so hopefully it will be up to date.
    Jason
    Jason Porter

Thread Information