Thread: Hello from lil' Rhody

Default Hello from lil' Rhody

My name is Bob Baker and I live in Narragansett, Rhode Island. I have been a hunter/fisherman all of my life. I have always, though, stopped basically whatever I was doing to watch any raptor I have come across, ever.
    There was a raptor rehabilitator couple who put on a presentation at my place of employment and I knew I wanted to make friends and help them any way I could. They have been very kind to me and pointed me in a direction that I (as many of you I am sure) never thought was a possibility for me, falconry. In the months since, I have met a few austringers, been on a couple of hunts and have read more than I thought physically or mentally capable. Waking up in the middle of the night and reading a few more pages is a little more than I expected though.
    I have just put my wife through school as she changed careers as well as I did, and I will be starting back at school myself. Unfortunately, that means 2+ years until I will be in the right position to undertake what will be a life long pursuit. I firmly believe I am making the right decision in waiting, as hard as I think it is going to be. The hawks safety, pride and my understanding and experience is paramount in my thought process. So I look forward to reading, participating and questioning for the coming years. This is gonna be spectacular!!!

Did anyone else notice themselves watching the canopies of trees for squirrels instead of through the trees for deer when out on a drive?

Regards,
    Bob Baker

Welcome aboard!

You have all the symptoms of one who is probably beyond help. Does your wife understand that this is terminal? It is important to have an understanding and strong spouse.

Good luck!
    Scott Wright

I usualy look for bird of prey while driving my car on the highway... untill my wife tells me to stop :P Welcome to planet falconry my friend!

Find a sponsor that suits you, stay in toutch with falconners, read even more and prepare you're wife for what is coming that's what I am currently doing myself because the buying of my house will have to wait a year or two...
    Francois

Thread Information