Thread: WFA Winter Meet - February 14 - 16, 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default WFA Winter Meet - February 14 - 16, 2014

The WFA Winter Meet will be held in Ritzville. Please contact your regional Director to let him/her know you are going so we have a headcount for ordering dinner.

Meet Hotel
    Cedars Inn (509) 659-1007
    The cost will be 59.00 per night for all WFA attendees: 1 bed is for 2 people, 2 beds are for 3 people.
    When you call the Inn to reserve your room, let them know you are with WFA to receive the proper rate.

Pet Waiver
    If you have any animals in your room, you will need to sign the usual waiver.
    There is no up-front fee, but if there needs to be additional cleaning due to the animals the hotel will charge the person(s) registered to that room for this cleaning.
    Last year there were no additional charges levied. Thanks for making WFA a welcome guest.

Saturday night dinner / raffle
    7 pm in the banquet hall at the Cedars Inn.
    The cost will be 23.00 per person. The entrees will be chicken parmesan and lasagna, Caesar salad, garlic bread, cookies for dessert and coffee, tea, and soda. Food will be provided by Blue Bike Catering.
    Sandie Morehead, General Class Falconer
    SW Director, Washington Falconers Association

i willl bi there

Geoff,

I hear you. My wife will be in Hawaii that week so I will be free but otherwise I would have had to negotiate. The Monday is a Holiday so we were taking advantage of that and trying to place it between the regional NAFA Meet and the Celebration in Boise. We will look at the date for next Winter and see if we can avoid the Valentine's Day conflict.

Phil
    Phil Smith
    Rolla, MO (By way of Neah Bay, WA; Yakima, WA, Stanwood, WA; Anchorage, AK)

Is this open to non-members?

...although I will probably be buying my WA hunting permit this weekend since I spend about 50% of my time up there, so perhaps I should join the WA club as an associate member too...
    Evan P

Quote Originally Posted by eplevinski View Post
    Is this open to non-members?
    Yes. It is an open meet. Love to see you in Ritzville.
    Phil Smith
    Rolla, MO (By way of Neah Bay, WA; Yakima, WA, Stanwood, WA; Anchorage, AK)

Quote Originally Posted by Goshawk635 View Post
    Yes. It is an open meet. Love to see you in Ritzville.
    It looks like I might have to sit this one out... I could get a 3 day out-of-state hunting permit, but for the amount of money that will cost I'd rather just get the year permit. The new year starts in April so that would be a lot of money too, for just a couple months, so I guess I'm waiting til then to get my WA permit.

I know I 'could' travel up without my bird, but in reality I would probably have to bring her anyway so I could take care of her... and then I'd just be tempted to hunt... and yeah... you get the idea...

I did get to meet some really cool people when I went in to the WA F&W (in Vancouver) - they were super excited to have a falconer in the area and offered me lots of local spots with bunnies.
    Evan P

Hmmmmmmm. Would a non American be invited as well. Won't bring a bird, but my beagle/jrt would be more than willing to help chase out bunnies if needed

Bob
    BC Canada

No way I can make it. I want to stay married. I am bummed this is the date picked. I really wanted to make a meet this year.
    Bart Ocheltree
    There's always free cheese in the mousetrap.

Sandy (and phil and Wendy)

Having sat in the meetings, I know full well there are a lot of priorities to juggle and jiggle in order to get a meet date to pop out. But I still must wonder why Feb 14th. That is not gunna fly with my wife to spend valentines with a bunch of falconers fresh from the field.

Then again, I guess your being consistent. The Fall meet was on my anniversary. We missed that because we went on a second honeymoon to Jamaica instead.

Hope you guys have a good turn and a good time.
    Geoff Hirschi - "It is better to have lightning in the fist than thunder in the mouth"
    Custom made Tail Saver Perches - http://www.myrthwood.com/TieEmHigh/

Thread Information