Thread: Rabbit in the snow

Default Rabbit in the snow

It has been real tough getting out this year in NY. If it is not windy (which it always seems to be), the temps are in the single digits. And if not tundra conditions, it is snowing.

We managed to catch a break in between storms this week and thought I would share the pic.

Thanks for looking
    Chris

Great pic,Sounds like the weather were having in ohio!
    andrew grether

Quote Originally Posted by chinhook11 View Post
    Great pic,Sounds like the weather were having in ohio!
    Thanks! I wish it would end soon!

What camera and lens? It has nice detail.
    Keith Thompson
    Treat everyone you meet with dignity and respect....but have a plan to kill them just in case

Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    What camera and lens? It has nice detail.
    Thanks. I shoot with a Canon 7D. This particular shot was with the 18-135mm.

Chris

You do take some really nice photos. I run large-format aerial mapping cameras (film and digital) and only became interested in wildlife photography at about the same time I became interested in falconry....about three years ago....so I am inspired and challenged by some of the great photos I've seen, knowing how difficult it can be to capture the images and moments that we as falconers live for.
    During my pre-apprentice seasons I carried my camera and got some fairly good shots but this past season being my first as an apprentice I was too busy learning, to do any shooting except for a few quick shots with my phone :-) Any tips you might have for getting great shots while hunting would be appreciated!
    Bart

Quote Originally Posted by bkdegraw View Post
    You do take some really nice photos. I run large-format aerial mapping cameras (film and digital) and only became interested in wildlife photography at about the same time I became interested in falconry....about three years ago....so I am inspired and challenged by some of the great photos I've seen, knowing how difficult it can be to capture the images and moments that we as falconers live for.
    During my pre-apprentice seasons I carried my camera and got some fairly good shots but this past season being my first as an apprentice I was too busy learning, to do any shooting except for a few quick shots with my phone :-) Any tips you might have for getting great shots while hunting would be appreciated!
    Thank you! With everything going on while flying a bird, it is tough to get action pics of my own bird. Most pics of my RT are on a kill. When I take flight pics of my bird, I usually recruit a friend (which is never difficult) to come along. After the hunt I will give them a glove and have them call my RT to their fist as I take pics. Otherwise I go with my friends as often as I can and take pics of their birds. More times than not, I go home with out a wall hanger pic. The more time put in, the better the odds are of being in the right place at the right time. This is one of my favorite moments

https://www.facebook.com/fishguyphot...type=3&theater

Taking pics of other's birds makes learning a lot easier!

WOW...yes, that is one incredible photo! So many things to notice; the lighting and detail, perfect focus, and the expressions of both animals. The squirrel with that "OH!" (was probably followed by "......SHIT!"), man that's priceless.
    Bart

What a gorgeous shot!! The intensity of the bird is beautiful to see.
    Hannah Childress

Quote Originally Posted by HannahSue View Post
    What a gorgeous shot!! The intensity of the bird is beautiful to see.
    thank you!
    Chris

My country doesn't have snow so I didn't expect that the rabbit has such good stamina.

duck life

Wow, such a stunning photo! It's stunning to observe the bird's focus and determination.
    phrazle

Quote Originally Posted by thefishguy View Post
    It has been real tough getting out this year in NY. If it is not windy (which it always seems to be), the temps are in the single digits. And if not tundra conditions, it is snowing.

We managed to catch a break in between storms this week and thought I would share the pic.
    Thanks for looking
    Chris

Agree. The weather in New York has been quite challenging this year, with strong winds and low temperatures. I hate this weather.

In addition, thank you for sharing the picture, it looks beautiful!

Thread Information