Hi all. I'm Jake. I've been very very interested in falconry since a young age. I did some research about getting started back when I was in college, but didnt have the time to make the commitment, nor an appropriate place to practice. Now I do have the time and the place and would like to again pursue the idea of becoming a falconer. Where I live there are tons and tons of red-tailed hawks, lots and lots of owl, and a lot of bald eagles too. And, those are only the birds that I know about, I'm sure there are many more.

I do have one question. The other evening in my back woods I saw two red-tails on the ground. The appeared to be wrestling playfully, definitely not fighting. Ive read that they mate in the spring, which it is not, it seems to snow all day every day lately. So, any ideas what they were doing. They were engaging in this behavior for at least an hour.

Sorry for rambling, I'll try to keep it brief from here on out. Hope to gather lots of useful knowledge in the near future and hopefully get started soon.

Thanks,
Jake