Hi, All
My name is John Ortino. I live in Alabaster, Alabama, about 20 miles south of Birmingham. I have been hunting for 32 years. I have just stepped down from president, to vice president, to just a member of Deernuts Hunting Club. I just want to enjoy hunting without the business side of it… We have over 1000 acres, located south of Tuscaloosa. I have wanted to get into falconry sense I was a teenager. But now my kids are grown, my wife passed away ten years ago. So as the song says, Time Is ON My SIDE… I save all my Vacation time for Hunting. So now you know where my head is… For allmost two year's now I have been looking for someone to tagalong with, on some hunts. And hopefully get a sponsor. I have plans for my Mews, but would like some input on them before I have my contractor get started.
Here are my plans for my Mews. The 10'x20' shed will be built on top of cement blocks and cemented all the way around bottom. 10'x5' will be work room. You would enter from front door of work room, and enter Mews from interior door which stops accidental flyby out of Mews area. The double barn doors would be locked except for cleaning. The window openings would have pvc pipe with conduit pipe inside of pvc.I was thinking of having a coated chain link, fencing from the top of the roof overhang, in front of mews 16'x20'for weathering area. It would have a two gate system also to keep flyby's from happening. Both Mews and weathering area would have the same ¼" hardware cloth, underground and around bottom edge. I have a drawing but can't copy to this posting...
Thanks, John Ortino