Thread: 2014 NAFA Meet Lubbock, TX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Geoff,

You would have to check in with Sheldon Nicolle for the hard facts on this topic, but to my knowledge, NONE of the states have been completely ruled out. However,... Brandi is not incorrect in suggesting that Colorado may never see us there again. Vernal may be the most picturesque of our past meet locations, (I LOVED IT there) but it's a tough one for many members to get to. The Future Meets Committee is becoming more lithe and open-minded and I think you're going to see meets popping up in locations that we've never visited before.

Additionally, if the "Regional" meets that we've done for the last couple of years continue to be a hit, I think you'll see more and more field meets in all corners of the country (scratch that,..... "continent")
    Scott McNeff

Maine

Default Meets

I made a promise to myself long ago that I would never attend another NAFA meet that required more of me to hunt w/ a raptor than to hunt w/ a firearm. Additional permits, fees, falconry licenses, health certificates, etc. would rule that state/meet out. Can't see enriching the coffers of a state that throws unnecessary hoops and hurdles in the way.........paul
    ......paul

Quote Originally Posted by defalconer1 View Post
    I made a promise to myself long ago that I would never attend another NAFA meet that required more of me to hunt w/ a raptor than to hunt w/ a firearm. Additional permits, fees, falconry licenses, health certificates, etc. would rule that state/meet out. Can't see enriching the coffers of a state that throws unnecessary hoops and hurdles in the way.........paul
    That's sad and proof you haven't taken the time to understand things.

Do you use a dog with your firearm? If so, you need a health cert for that! Gun is not an equal comparison...
    -Jeff
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." --Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by JRedig View Post
    That's sad and proof you haven't taken the time to understand things.

Do you use a dog with your firearm? If so, you need a health cert for that! Gun is not an equal comparison...
    I agree with Jeff. How can you compare a gun that you can take out of a case, hunt with it for a few hours and put it away again and not touch it for a year to hunting with a bird? Falconry in ANY state requires more than a gun hunter since you have to have a falconry permit to fly a bird. It is not the health certificates I find annoying, it is the required USDA certified health certificated I disagree with. But that is another thread....
    Brandi

I have emailed Sheldon for clarity on where Colorado and Utah stand in the future rotations. I'll post his response.
    Brandi

From Sheldon

Right now Kansas is next (2015) followed by Oklahoma (2016) and then Nebraska (2017). No official decision has been made regarding future meets in Utah and Colorado.

Sheldon and the Future Meets Committee do listen to members. So if you feel strongly one way or another, let Sheldon know or post your comments here and I will pass them along. This is why it is important to fill out any surveys that NAFA sends out. The last survey that was sent, Sheldon went through and read every single comment that was made and presented the results to the board. Comments on the survey is why next years Meet is not over Thanksgiving. Even if you haven't been to a Meet or haven't been in a long time, your opinion matters. So next time a survey is sent out, be sure to fill it out! (Just my pitch for speaking up because NAFA is OUR club!)
    Brandi

Since its founding in 1962 and to this very day, NAFA has remained all volunteer. The posse running the Lubbock meet and also planning future NAFA meets are doing an excellent job. I've been a member since 1967, and I've been to lots of memorable meets, many of which were well organized. The organization and communication around this year's Lubbock meet is as good or better than any I've experienced so far.
    Last edited by Corsair; 09-17-2014 at 03:08 PM. Reason: fix a typo
    Doug Pineo
    Spokane Washington

Thread Information