Thread: 2014 NAFA Meet Lubbock, TX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As far as the game numbers go I have done my due diligence. I have spoken with land owners, game wardens, and other falconers. The conclusion was and is that despite lower than desired numbers in the Texas panhandle. Lubbock is in MUCH better shape than Amarillo is.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Here is a question I asked on the NAFA Meet Facebook page. There were very few replies. From that I can gather that people either don't care period OR would rather NOT have a speaker at the banquet, as a majority of the few responses were for the band. Thoughts?

What would YOU rather have at the banquet? A keynote speaker or a band or individual falconers having open mic time to describe a good flight or good NAFA meet experience
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Quote Originally Posted by frootdog View Post
    Here is a question I asked on the NAFA Meet Facebook page. There were very few replies. From that I can gather that people either don't care period OR would rather NOT have a speaker at the banquet, as a majority of the few responses were for the band. Thoughts?

What would YOU rather have at the banquet? A keynote speaker or a band or individual falconers having open mic time to describe a good flight or good NAFA meet experience
    I have never heard of anyone complaining over the years about having a guest speaker at the NAFA meet; and the one's I have heard were worth listening to. Why not have both, with the band commencing after the banquet?

Bill Boni

Quote Originally Posted by frootdog View Post

I like:

1) keynote speaker

2) individuals

3) band

Bands are noisy and hard to talk over. Save the band for a normal night. And if you do have a band, my suggestion is to put them over "here" and the vendors over "there" so that we don't have to try to have conversations over the band. I played at the Kearney meet when the country band couldn't make it and I was separated from the main crowd- I like that 'cause people who want to listen/dance/whatever can do that and people who don't, don't have to. As a player, then I know that the people sitting there in front of me _want_ to be there and I interact better with them. But that's me and I ain't no rock 'n roll star.

But I don't care a whole lot one way or the other. Half the fun is to see what kind of surprise you've planned. It's boring when everything goes the way I want it to go.
    Bryan Kimsey

Thread Information