Quote Originally Posted by katzenjammer360 View Post
We are planning to imprint them as if we were doing them separately, but with both in the same nest box. One reason is convenience, rather than handle two nest boxes we will just have the one and just place two food trays/carcasses in there. Once they are tethered they will be within sight but not able to reach one another and will likely be given separate baggies. Also I feel like it could possibly reduce some behaviors that commonly arise when imprinting just because it more closely resembles how they naturally are raised. .
I haven't imprinted any accipiters, yet, so take this for what it's worth. I have been around imprinting falcons a bunch, groups and casts of them. I have flown some imprint accips, so not a stranger to their behavior.

I was fortunate enough to live next door to Kenny Sterner and help him imprint and train "the boys" back in 1999 or 2000, can't remember. They were raised in a cardboard box with a divider between them for the first 35'ish days. Full food association and kept pig fat all the way into september. All the training was window of opportunity at high weights. It worked very well, two of the best imprints i've ever been lucky enough to be around. They were hard imprinted and what i'd call properly socialized with each other. The overall process is what you describe as your plan above.

I think the fundamentals for establishing good behavior towards the falconer and each other transfer between accips and falcons, talking about parent/child/sibling relationships.