Thread: Louisiana

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Louisiana

Hey guys and gals, I'm 48 and newly bitten. My test is passed with equipment being gathered/made and mews construction in brainstorm mode. I already have longtime falconer agreed to sponsor me and he's a straight up guy. Lets me do my own thinking but quick to shoot holes in my plans with straight forward this is why that might not be a good idea type responses. As with all of us he's a family guy with his own life which in a way makes me feel like kind of a pain in his neck, hopefully this will pass and a friendship will grow or at least a lessened feeling of awkwardness on my part. He seems comfortable and maybe the problem is all in my head.
    He's earned my trust, and hopefully I'll earn his, so I'm confident in him calling the game 100% during my apprenticeship years. That said if any Bayou Country hawkers feel so inclined send me a Pm, I'll take all the seeing and live action of the doings of falconry I can get.

Lew Roussel

dboyrollz76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DtRooster View Post
    Hey guys and gals, I'm 48 and newly bitten. My test is passed with equipment being gathered/made and mews construction in brainstorm mode. I already have longtime falconer agreed to sponsor me and he's a straight up guy. Lets me do my own thinking but quick to shoot holes in my plans with straight forward this is why that might not be a good idea type responses. As with all of us he's a family guy with his own life which in a way makes me feel like kind of a pain in his neck, hopefully this will pass and a friendship will grow or at least a lessened feeling of awkwardness on my part. He seems comfortable and maybe the problem is all in my head.
    He's earned my trust, and hopefully I'll earn his, so I'm confident in him calling the game 100% during my apprenticeship years. That said if any Bayou Country hawkers feel so inclined send me a Pm, I'll take all the seeing and live action of the doings of falconry I can get.

Lew Roussel
    right now is the time of year everyone is starting to wind down through the summer months, I got bit about the same time of year. Its going to feel like forever until fall. There are a few Louisiana falconers I've met they are members of our local club. Great bunch of people.

Welcome to the 5th floor Lew...up here we have all types of illnesses that we treat...i.e. Accipiterosis, Falconidae syndrome, Buteoalism and the more serious Aquilanosis for the eagle folks.

All that being said...I live next door on the Gulf Coast of MS. Not sure where you are in relation to me but I just wanted to say HOWDY NEIGHBOR !

I've met a couple Derek, all good so far.
    John, I'm in Gonzales, between BR and NO. Thanks

see if this works so I don't get smacked again
    Lew Roussel

Quote Originally Posted by DtRooster View Post
    see if this works so I don't get smacked again
    HAHAHA...I know what you mean! I got 1 too...Best of luck!
    Jim, Apprentice
    "If it's worth doing...it's worth doing to excess"

Inspection tomorrow morning long time coming
    Lew Roussel

Ha! Mine's in 2 hrs!!! Major butterflies!!!
    Jim, Apprentice
    "If it's worth doing...it's worth doing to excess"

inspection done come on permit
    Lew Roussel

Thread Information