Thread: Greetings.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Greetings.

Hello all. My name is Danielle, though my friends call me Rini (long story,) and I live in Gresham, OR. I've been lurking here for a while but now that I am really for real on the path to becoming an apprentice I thought I'd better introduce myself!

I've been fascinated with falconry ever since I was a kid and read "My Side of the Mountain" by Jean Craighead George, in which the main character has a peregrine falcon. However, I had no idea that falconry licenses were even a thing and that this was something I could do! Then about a year ago I met a friend with a bird, and he has kindly allowed me to be involved with training and taken me on some hunts. I knew I didn't have the money to do it myself, but I have just recently switched jobs to a higher-paying position and am saving as fast as I can for initial equipment/permits/etc! I have been reading everything I can get my hands on and been to a couple of OFA meets, and I hope that within a few months I can have my target $$ goal reached and begin the work of finding someone who will agree to sponsor me.

This forum has been an invaluable resource as far as learning goes, and I've been soaking up as much information and vicarious experience as possible. Hopefully very soon I will have some content of my own to contribute!
    Danielle "Rini" Trout
    Gresham, OR

Welcome; Our sport will be further enhanced by the addittion of more women.
    Wm, (Bill) Maguire

Hello, to NAFEX and the crazy lifestyle of Falconry.
    Jim Blackwell
    "Mitakuye Oyasin"

Thread Information