Hello there! My name is Karli-Rae Kerrschneider. I am a 28 year old Registered Nurse. I have been interested in falconry for a long time but it was never really a possibility since I was in college, and moving alot, and then graduating a getting a job, getting married, etc kept me quite busy. Now my husband and I have been married for almost 3 years, things have settled down, and as I started to look into the requirements of falconry again I realized I could actually do this!
I don't have a bird yet. I do have a sponsor though who is a Master Falconer. This August my husband and I are moving to a 30-acre farm which is just perfect for falconry, secluded, lots of woods bordering the property - and I have already started measuring and constructing my mews there. So in Iowa, the mews inspection and test have to take place at the same time. So after I pass those I will receive my permit to catch my first passage red-tailed hawk.

In the meantime I have been reading North American Falconry and Hunting Hawks, and basically soaking up every bit of info I can about falconry, falcons, etc.

I look forward to participating in the forums and learning from you all!

Karli-Rae