Thread: Howdy from Washington

Default Howdy from Washington

Hola, I'm an apprentice in Washington state. California born and bred; spent a few years in Massachusetts and North Carolina before hopping back to the west coast. Been working with raptors since I was 12 or so; I'm finally a formal apprentice at 21. I have a background in natural history education, outreach, and wildlife rehab. I work for my sponsor in WA and am flying a male passage RT named Pilate. I'm looking to network with falconers in my area, haven't joined WFA yet, but I just looked it up and am an idiot because I guess dues are way less than I thought. Anyway greetings and hope to find some good connections here.
    Corey M.

Quote Originally Posted by Cy.MacGregor View Post
    Hola, I'm an apprentice in Washington state. California born and bred; spent a few years in Massachusetts and North Carolina before hopping back to the west coast. Been working with raptors since I was 12 or so; I'm finally a formal apprentice at 21. I have a background in natural history education, outreach, and wildlife rehab. I work for my sponsor in WA and am flying a male passage RT named Pilate. I'm looking to network with falconers in my area, haven't joined WFA yet, but I just looked it up and am an idiot because I guess dues are way less than I thought. Anyway greetings and hope to find some good connections here.
    Corey M.
    Hi Corey.

Where in Washington are you from?

The WFA summer picnic is coming up in 3 weeks in Fall City. That will be a great time to meet people.
    Geoff Hirschi - "It is better to have lightning in the fist than thunder in the mouth"
    Custom made Tail Saver Perches - http://www.myrthwood.com/TieEmHigh/

I'm in the Olympia area, bout half an hour south. I gotta check the dates but that's pretty good timing, I'll try to get there if I can.

I'm in the Olympia area, bout half an hour south. I gotta check the dates but that's pretty good timing, I'll try to get there if I can.
    The picnic officially runs for the whole weekend, but the real action is on Saturday the 19th starting at about noon, and its pretty well run its course by 6 or so.
    Geoff Hirschi - "It is better to have lightning in the fist than thunder in the mouth"

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I'm relatively new to the state (just hitting six months here and still feeling totally alien) so I haven't had a chance to meet many of the folks around here.

Also, a secondary addition to my introduction: because I feel it will come up at some point, someone recognizes me from around or what not, I do work at Northwoods. I work in the shop and with the birds. But I am not here to talk business or rep for Northwoods and would appreciate if people respect that. I'm here to talk birds and dogs. If you wanna talk business, then call the business.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I'm relatively new to the state (just hitting six months here and still feeling totally alien) so I haven't had a chance to meet many of the folks around here.

Also, a secondary addition to my introduction: because I feel it will come up at some point, someone recognizes me from around or what not, I do work at Northwoods. I work in the shop and with the birds. But I am not here to talk business or rep for Northwoods and would appreciate if people respect that. I'm here to talk birds and dogs. If you wanna talk business, then call the business.
    Well then going to the picnic will be a business trip for you.

Hey Corey, I think I emailed you awhile back. I'm in the Yelm/Roy area. :-D
    Scott Richter

Quote Originally Posted by bdyelm View Post
    Hey Corey, I think I emailed you awhile back. I'm in the Yelm/Roy area. :-D
    Hi brandon! I remember you, we emailed through craiglist a few times! Sorry I didn't get back to you yesteray, I was in oregon with my fiance picking up a puppy. I answered your PM. Are you planning on going to the WFA picnic?

I will be at the picnic, I went last year too, it was pretty fun. Don't forget a bathing suit as it's on the river!
    Scott Richter

Hey there -
    I am just starting out, have found a sponsor and am in the midst of getting my paperwork submitted to the state...I live about an hour south of Olympia, just south of Centralia so perhaps fairly close to you...would love to get connected at some point. I will be at the WFA picnic this Saturday if you are going...
    Avery

There's nothing south of Centralia. :-P
    Scott Richter

Thread Information