Hi everyone. I am newly introduced to falconry and have been directed here to connect and learn as much as I can. My first plan of action is to order North American Falconry and Hunting Hawks and I cant wait to get my hands on it. In the meantime I am scouring the internet, and this forum in particular, for anything I can read. I understand that the Texas Hawking Association is a good place to start for my area. I am excited because I have always been fascinated by birds of prey but was unaware that the falconry community was so prevalent and well-organized. Though I am only beginning what I hope to be a life-long journey, I am so appreciative and excited about the wealth of knowledge available and the opportunity to learn from skilled people who are passionate about the same things I am. I am fairly new to the DFW area so I am not familiar with many locations but I am eager to explore. I have read that DFW has the highest concentration of falconers in Texas which was welcome information. I look forward to learning from you on this board and perhaps meeting some of you in the future.