Thread: Juvenile Red-tail with Band near Tosohatchee FL

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Since I was involved in the rule re-write it makes sense. Not that I mind in the slightest! :-)
    Anni. Not embarrassed nor offended. glad to know who you are. I too sat in in video conference's and State meetings for the New State Regs for input and to watch what occurred or would. I believe Neil, Rick and Eric as well as many others were much more involved. I think Florida has some very good regs with a few exceptions not to be discussed here.

Seems I do recall the old regs required that you release any trapped banded bird with exception of a known Falconry Bird.

In regards to this bird being a Falconry bird and/or handled or more tame than the normal Juvenile.

This one has obviously been handled at some point
    As we all know here in Florida most all the RT's have now fledged and most are on their own. Below are photo's I shared in the FFA FB Group page of one I walked up to within 5 feet with no fear and actually leaned in towards me. I am seeing them every where in the NW Fl area. More this year then the previous three years. On the flip side I have only seen (found) one and only one active nest in a rural area this year. Two others went untouched from previous years use.

So I say the bird above is not a Falconry bird as it's not even trapping season until the 15th. of next month. These birds are just not use to human interaction or fear yet as often seen in the nest. Research band and would be interested in knowing the banding location.

Below are photo's of one of several birds in the last two weeks I have literally walked right up to in able to photograph. I photograph as many as I can in my area both Adult and Juvenile for future use.

Would also be interested in making PM contact or personal contact with you as well to further discuss topic Anni.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joe N.

Florida Panhandel

Thread Information