Hello;

My name is Nate, and I just found these forums. I've been interested in the sport of Falconry for many years now, but finally feel that I have the time available to dedicate to it. I had reached out to PFHT a few years (about 5 years) back, and decided that I didn't have the time necessary to dedicate to the sport. Since then I've read a few books, and as of yesterday have actually ordered quite a few more books (including many on the suggested reading list from PFHT). I've also been talking, and working a bit, with a falconer who is, unfortunately, no longer local to the area...only in town for a few months a year, but that's long enough for me to get a good feel for a lot of what goes on in the daily upkeep and training of the birds which is exciting to me. Two years ago I attempted to reach back to the apprentice coordinator of the PFHT via the email from the website, but unfortunately I never got a response that time.

With that said I do have a few questions: Are there local falconers here to the central PA area who may be interested in a possible apprentice, or to at least take me out in the field or even just sit down and talk to me? And the book on Red-Tailed Hawks by Liam McGranaghan, does anyone know where I can find a copy of that? I did hear rumors that it may be getting reprinted sometime in the near future, has anyone else heard that?