As I get older I'm becoming increasingly aware of my physical limitations.

Every year for the last several I've made 5 or 6 day trips from my home in Northern New Jersey down to Cape May to trap. I have a lot of flexibility in my schedule and if a front is on the way, I'll rearrange my schedule and make the trip. Although I really enjoy trapping with friends, not everyone has the flexibility that I have, and that often means that I make the trip on my own.

In planning for this upcoming fall migration, I started to think about the effort it takes to move all of my gear from my truck to the trapping sight which is anywhere from 400 to 600 yards from where I park the truck. In years past when I'm by myself I've have to make multiple trips to transport my equipment from the truck to the sight, and again at the end of the day from the site back to the truck.

I think I've solved the problem with a cart I've constructed, which should easily allow me to move my stuff in one trip.

I purchased an inexpensive Cabelas deer cart, and equipped it with 3 pole and stake storage holders cut from an 8 foot 5x5 inch vinyl fence post, and a 31 gallon Roughneck Storage bin.

It balances well and moves with little effort. The wheels that come with the cart are rather thin, but I'm hoping they'll work. If not then I plan on trading them out for balloon style beach wheels.