Thread: New kid on the block!

Default New kid on the block!

Hello from Maryland! My name is Cricket and I am a Park Naturalist. We are fortunate enough to have an Aviary here at my park and I work with amazing birds everyday. I've always had a love for birds and after a career change last year I'm now doing what I love everyday, YAY! I joined the forum to meet others like myself and to learn as much as possible from all of the members. I have lots to learn and would love to make some new friends who will allow me to pick their brains. It's very exciting to know that so many others share the same passion! Hope to talk to some of you soon!
    Cricket Smith

Welcome Cricket. We're all bird lovers on here but obviously our focus is on raptors. Tell us about some of the birds of prey you work with. Are you ultimately planning on getting a falconry permit?
    Doug
    Inside every cynical.person is a disappointed idealist.

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    Welcome Cricket. We're all bird lovers on here but obviously our focus is on raptors. Tell us about some of the birds of prey you work with. Are you ultimately planning on getting a falconry permit?
    Thanks for the welcome! I work with 2 Great Horned Owl's, 1 Eastern Screech Owl, 1 Barn Owl, 1 American Kestrel, 2 Red Tailed Hawks, 2 Barred Owl's and 1 Red Shouldered Hawk. All of our birds are non-releasable and we use them for environmental education programs. I'm not currently seeking a permit/apprenticeship however it may be something I will look into in the future.
    Cricket Smith

Welcome Cricket!!!
    Luke Ryan, Apprentice falconer
    Gordon county, Georgia. Eph 2:8-9

Default Welcome

A lot of us on here naturally steer towards Raptors.
    With that as a start, most anyone on here that has been at it a while, has also gathered a lot of knowledge of the other birds, and wildlife.
    My name is Bill, I live about 40 miles from Eldersburg, (Middletown), to be exact.
    I am currently renewing my license after a lengthy hiatus.

Please feel free to post any questions on here concerning Raptor health, or training, there will always be at least one person with a good answer.

Do be aware that there will probably be many more than one, this is the Internet after all, and differing opinions will flow freely.

Good luck with your work.
    Last edited by piscivoris; 09-20-2014 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Grammar stuff
    Wm, (Bill) Maguire

Welcome from a displaced Marylander.
    Mark

Hello from the other side of the country!
    ~Ken Smith

Thread Information