Thread: A warm welcome to Ed Pitcher and Ricardo Velarde- The flying of falcons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello Again. The latest report. The company that we bought the original leather closed down. Then someone else bought it and they had to close down also. Some one has come in and taken over. We were able to buy some leather for another set of about eight books, depending on the style.
    Things are very slow, our artist spends more time in France and her studio is in Spain, so I just have to be patient.
    We were producing between 12 to 16 books a year, and now it is harder to get them. I do not want to change or look for a different artist. I like the work and the price is the best I was able to find. Anyone else would be three times more expensive and would make the book completely out of reach.
    As I have probably mentioned it before, if we sell all the limited edition, the total possible amount will be 100 books. That is how many signature sheets were printed for this special edition.
    I have five more books coming and will post some photos as soon as the package arrives.
    Have a great summer.
    Regards Ricardo
    Ricardo Velarde- Coauthor, The Flying of Falcons
    To Purchase a Copy: www.theflyingoffalcons.com
    My email: flyingfalcons@me.com
    Cell: (1) 435-901-1773

Default Limited Leather Edition Books

Hello Everyone. As most of you know, our 100 Limited Leather Bound Edition Books are still being produced, slowly but we are still trying to produce them.
    A few problems have come up. The artist’s husband moved to Paris and her studio is in Madrid, so that has slowed things down. These are the first five books we received on the past year and a half.
    Another problem that has arise is the manufacturing company for this incredible leather closed down, so for the moment I only have enough leather for an extra four books, but I am in the hunt for a different supplier.
    Other than that, each one of these books is a One of a Kind. The artist found some incredible textured paper for two of these Dutch style books which is very nice.
    I love the textured Karibau on the two All leather style books, that is the leather that will be hard to replace.
    Also something to remember, this special edition is not the same as the regular edition. These books have an extra page with a drawing by Andrew Ellis of a falcon stooping at a flock of bird way down below ( I will include a photo). This page includes the names and signatures of everyone involved with our book.
    The publisher only printed 100 of these pages, that is why we can only produce that many, if we every finish the batch. I guess you could say a very collectible item and in a few years down the road a very special hard to find book.
    The more traditional Dutch Style books are $485, and the all Leather Edition style is $525. Plus Shipping (Fedex $24 within the US).
    While these books might seem to be on the expensive side, an FYI, the closest artist we found that would do the work we had planned, he wanted 500 euros per book, even though I was telling him I was planning on making 100 of these suckers, but he never budged. At the price it would have made the book way to expensive and out of reach to most people.
    Finally we got lucky and we were able to work a reasonable price for our books.
    If any one is interested on any of these books, please email me personally to flyingfalcons@me.com so I can keep the emails separate, or call or text me at (1) 435 901 1773.
    In case anyone is wondering, yes we are working on the second book. Ed says he thinks people might like this second book better than the first one. That might be because it took us twenty five year to learn our lessons
    Kindest Regards
    Ricardo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ricardo Velarde- Coauthor, The Flying of Falcons
    To Purchase a Copy: www.theflyingoffalcons.com
    My email: flyingfalcons@me.com
    Cell: (1) 435-901-1773

Thread Information