Hey everyone,
My name is Kevin and I just wanted to swing in and say hello. I live in southwest Florida. Englewood to be more exact. I'm originally from Texas but moved here about 10 years ago. My grandfather and his friends were into falconry and as a kid I grew up beating bushes to chase out game and caring for his birds. He passed away over 15 years ago and I miss the sport. I never took the exam or furthered myself into falconry but I wish I had silly college got in the way haha. I have always been an avid bow hunter and bird watcher but nothing compares to the excitement and the sense of acheivement when hunting with a predator of the sky. I have reached a point in my life where I feel it is time to further myself into falconry and get my license. I look forward to working with the birds again and being back in the woods watching the birds work on their natural predatory instincts. I would appreciate any and all advice to help me get going as I'm not sure exactly what I need to do and in what order to do them. If anyone is in my area I would love to assest on hunts and help in anyway possible. Thank you in advance for any advice or tips and I look forward to seeing yall around in the forums . Best regards, Kevin Pruett PH