Thread: Relatively new to Missouri

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Relatively new to Missouri

Hello all!

So I've been on this site for a few years, though just browsing most of the time. I'll use this as a sort of...reintroduction. I've been interested in falconry for over 10 years. I have a fair amount of books on the subject and I've gone as far as attending a state meet (Pennsylvania) and a few hunts. I love everything I've experienced - the people, the thrill, the sense of community.
    Currently I live in Kansas City, Missouri. I've been here for over a year now, working as a full time Zookeeper at the KC Zoo. Most of my animals are carnivores or hoofstock (giraffes, lions, rhinos) but I do work with Bateleur Eagles.
    I'm at a stable, great place in life to get reacquainted with the falconry community - and I hope to become as involved as possible in time.
    With that being said, I was hoping to make some contacts in the local falconry community. Anyone on here relatively local to Kansas City who would be willing to provide more information about the Missouri falconry community?
    Luke K.

http://www.missourifalconersassociation.com

Welcome to Nafex! I'm on the east side of Missouri or I would invite you to come hawking with me. If you end up out this way let me know and we will meet up!

Check out the link, and send an email to Meagan through the club officers button. She will get you in touch with the right people. Good luck!

Jeff
    (636) 744-5185
    Jeff

Just stay away from that crazy Eric, Dennis and Keith, those guys are trouble! LOL
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default fred

Fred,
    Thanks ,yes we're real mean guys:-). Your alright Fred!
    Dennis
    Dennis Samnee

Kirk Suedmeyer DVM is a veterinarian for the KC Zoo and he is/was a falconer. You would also do well to get ahold of Bob Payne in Kansas. Bob is an active falconer.
    Tim Sullivan, DVM

Welcome to MO!!
    Cooper Haynes

Send me an email sometime and we can talk. I am currently working a new full time job, so my hawking is reduced to micro-hawking with my kestrels, and I am allowing my fat and very sassy 7 year old redtail the season off. But we can always talk falconry. Most guys live on the east side of the state, but we can try to get you in touch with others.
    Meagan Duffee

A (belated) thanks for your responses, everyone! I hope everyone had a good Christmas/New Years/Holiday Season!
    Luke K.

Thread Information