Thread: Hello from Tulsa!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello from Tulsa!

Hello all. I'm so glad to have found this forum. It seems to be a terrific collection of knowledgeable helpful people! My name is Aslana, and I fly a small passage Harris Hawk. He's 8 years old and is actually a rescue. He's survived a bob cat attack, West Nile and Malaria which has resulted in his nickname of Chuck Norris. I also own an imprinted Barbary Falcon, which I got second hand. I've not been a part of the sport for very long and have soooo much to learn! I am married to another falconer and I have a daughter who wishes to start her apprenticeship soon.

When I'm not in the field with my feather-babies, I volunteer at rescue and rehab organizations for raptors as well as for dogs and cats. I am also a professional and competitive bellydancer. My non feathered-babies (other than my husband and daughter) include 2 pitbulls, a mastiff, a Hemingway Tabby, a guinea pig, and two hedgehogs.

I'm very excited that this year I'll be getting an imprinted GyrxSaker hybrid (3/4 gyr) this year!

Hello if you get chance you should pop up to the OFA field meet and meet some of the other falconers from the state. We are holding a joint meet with Kansas just north of the Oklahoma boarder at Cowley, details are on the OFA Facebook page.
    Stephen Olner

Thread Information