Quote Originally Posted by Stacia Novy View Post
It’s irrelevant if the 2014 Dec Hawk Chalk redtail is “wild” or “captive”; it’s on the cover of a falconry magazine so people will assume it is a falconer’s bird. Stacia
People assume too much. The cover of the 2012 Journal (mentioned above) is a painting of 3 Bald Eagles. Falconry birds?

Frankly, I don't think there's any pleasing some people. Not you, necessarily, but opponents in general. If some people just simply don't like what you do, they're going to find fault, imagined or real, and logic rarely comes into play.

Logically, I would ask the question "So what if the bird has a damaged feather or two?" You, yourself, just gave examples of birds missing EYES and FEET and still being in relatively good health. So, a broken feather? That's going to molt out? Logically? Big deal. Shrug. But this is an illogical world and these things can be a big deal to some people. Fact is, if the bird were in perfect feather, happy, fat, perfect in every way, I'm sure an opponent could still drag up _something_. I know I could but I'm not going to turn my imagination loose here and provide someone with argument ammunition. In fact, I think I've said everything I have to say now.

I decided to hang on to my sub-standard RT. With 20/500 uncorrected vision, 2 hearing aids, and a gimpy foot, I'm kind of sub-standard myself. I think we make a good pair.