Quote Originally Posted by goshawkr View Post
Stacia,

First, I want to say that Jeff and Isaac were both right on point.

I have followed the AR goons closely for quite some time. Even to the extent of infiltrating several active local groups for a number of years. I had to back off, because it was really @#$^# with my perspective on humanity. I do have a great notion of how they think. You are quite correct, that they lump all falconers together, and that we are all guilty by association.

However, very few individuals but another falconer is going to even notice broken feathers. No one but a falconer would call that "abuse" or "poor treatment." It simply won't occur to 99.9999999% of the population that a feather is important - they look at broken or messed up feathers the same way the look at a mammal with a poor hair cut - unsightly, perhaps, but of no real consequence. Hell, for that matter many falconers don't even consider a broken feather or too that big of a deal.

To the PeTA crowd, the unforgivable sin is the captivity - forcing a "sentient" creature to do our will through cruel starvation and enslaving them with ball-and-chain esque leashes. And also the bloodthirsty aspect of sending one creature to inflict harm on another for our own sadistic joy. That's what they will focus on and see. They wouldn't recognize a feather perfect hawk if you beat them to death with one. I haven't paid attention to those photos that have your undies all in a bunch, but I am certain they wouldn't even notice.

I would like to suggest that you lift up your head and take a deep breath of nice fresh air. Stale air can be toxic to the soul. You seem to be engaged in some chronic navel staring, or worse. Go outside and have some fun.
You were doing well until the "undies" remark. To bad.