Thread: Apprentice moving to Texas needing a sponsor

Default Apprentice moving to Texas needing a sponsor

Hello. My name is Michael. I am 27 years old and currently an apprentice falconer in the state of Maryland. I have been an apprentice for a little more than two years now but my current sponsor and I do not feel that I am ready to promote to a general falconer. My family and I will be moving to Austin, TX (or the surrounding area) in seven weeks and thus I will need a new sponsor to continue practicing falconry. I was wondering if anyone here would be able to assist me in finding a new sponsor and/or what the requirements are for transferring my apprenticeship from Maryland to Texas. I am willing to provide any and all information need to make this transition smoother. You may email, call, or text me. At this time I will not list my sponsor's information until I receive permission from him to do so, though I do not foresee that being an issue. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely;
    Michael Ritz
    972-800-0679
    Michael

Be sure to contact the Texas Hawking Association (THA). www.texashawking.org Our state has an active club and they can no doubt offer a good deal of assistance.
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Thank you for the link. I have emailed them and someone is giving me a call tomorrow. I plan on joining the THA after we make the move and get settled in.
    Michael

If you do not get any help from THA give me a shout when you get to Austin.
    Ken
    Austin,Texas

I'm right outside of Austin
    Jordan Turner (cooler than a polar bears toe nails)

Thank you everyone for your kind offers of assistance. I have spoke with THA and they are passing around my information and said that others may be in contact with me shortly. I have also spoken with Megan Russell and she has instructed me on the proper process of transferring my apprenticeship. I look forward to meeting with local falconers.
    Michael

There are a number of us around the Austin area. Good luck to you! And Welcome to the town that is "Keeping it Weird"
    Ken
    Austin,Texas

Thread Information