Hello Mack,

Let me start out by saying that Colorado falconry is awesome. On a regular basis I will take cottontails and black-tail jacks. I'm in the Parker area just outside of Denver. Colorado hawking club has their annual field meet usually in an area with an abundance of white-tailed jacks. If you ever plan to fly a falcon or a gos, sharp shinned.. ect. we have ducks, pheasants, chucker, and quail. And starlings and sparrows if you ever fly a small bird. So pretty much falconry in Colorado is limitless. You asked about the regulations. I think that the regulations are fine as long as you are a resident of Colorado. But when and if you ever need in bring a bird into Colorado that takes a little time to get all the paperwork filled out and approved. Many people will badmouth Colorado falconry however I don't see anything wrong with it. I don't mean to start a scuffle with anyone else on here but I truly don't. I can see how falconry in CO can be challenging for that non-resident but as long as your a resident it is really pretty easy to acquire your licence and get your first bird. If you want and more advice or just want to talk I'll PM you my phone #. Call = or text me anytime. I may not always answer your call but I will always respond to your texts. The Colorado Hawking Club is great. They were originally one of the first falconry clubs. Also they can be very helpful to apprentices. Just last week they hosted a giant hood making workshop. Throughout the summer they also have a few apprentice seminars going over equipment making, handling, and general bird care and maintenance. They are a great club and I would highly recommend becoming a member if you do come to Colorado.

Best of luck and I hope to see you here soon!!