Hello all!

I've been a lurker/occasional poster here for quite some time and was hoping for some feedback. I've been interested in falconry since 14 (now 28). I live in Raleigh, NC and have attended my fair share of meets and hung out with some of the local falconers, but unfortunately have never been able to break into the sport due to time constraints. It's looking like that might finally change!

Because of a job opportunity, I might be moving to the Denver area in the near future. I've grown up in NC, so this is quite a change for me! I was wondering how the falconry is in Colorado? Here is mostly squirrels (few rabbits to speak of) and some birds, but no game birds really either. What's the quarry situation like out there? I'm also aware that some bemoan the falconry laws in CO, is that something I should be wary of? I'm excited because this job offers more flexible hours than my current one, so I will finally be able to devote the time necessary to be a successful falconer!

Thanks in advance for your input, and sorry for the exclamations, just pretty excited. The future's looking up! Also wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the general discussions. Thanks again,

-Mack