Thread: Hello from the Inland Empire, California

Default Hello from the Inland Empire, California

Hello,
    I am Craig Johnson. My wife and i got married about 2 years ago and are expecting our first child. I have wanted to do falconry since i was about 18. I have worked hard and am now beginning to walk down this path. At this point i really want to learn everything i can and begin to see how it is done. I hope to meet many people, and learn everything i can so i can make sure that this is what i want to do.
    Thanks
    Craig

Welcome Craig. I grew up and started falconry in Riverside. I know a few falconers in the area. Any information you need or want to find out, I can try to help out! Let me know.
    Cris M.
    Rockford, Illinois

to NAFEX, Craig! Best wishes on your journey into falconry!
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Redtail2630 View Post
    Welcome Craig. I grew up and started falconry in Riverside. I know a few falconers in the area. Any information you need or want to find out, I can try to help out! Let me know.
    Thank you very much. I will very likely reach out to you. I am starting to look into this. My wife really wants me to get into it because i have talked about it for so long. Do you have any recommended reading? I saw the books that are available and will likely pick those up. Thanks very much
    Craig

I found a couple of free books at my local library.
    I like keeping it simple and not read too much except the regs and study guide until after you pass the test, then expand your mind my getting one of the "must haves for red-tail hawk books" then NAFAHH.
    Eric Mayberry
    Calaveras, California

Welcome! Get the California Hawking Club (CHC) study guide. This will get you through your test. Look into joining the CHC, they can help you find a sponsor and more. Good luck!
    Walt Nollan
    Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive!

Thread Information