Thread: Thought it was time to introduce myself.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Thought it was time to introduce myself.

Hi everyone I live in the in Minnesota I'm a general class falconer and have just finished my first season with a large female imprinted goshawk I raised and flew very successfully on rabbits, squirrels,ducks and pheasants. I also fly a 2 time inter mewed red tail hawk I fly both birds with a Jack Russell Terror. I have in the past flown 3 other red tails and a kestrel. I really enjoyed the imprinting process and I'm debating on doing a female coppers hawk this year.

I have learned a lot on here from reading everyone's post so I just want to say thanks to everyone for sharing there knowledge on here.

Justin Johnson
    Justin Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnsonfalconry View Post
    Hi everyone I live in the in Minnesota I'm a general class falconer and have just finished my first season with a large female imprinted goshawk I raised and flew very successfully on rabbits, squirrels,ducks and pheasants. I also fly a 2 time inter mewed red tail hawk I fly both birds with a Jack Russell Terror. I have in the past flown 3 other red tails and a kestrel. I really enjoyed the imprinting process and I'm debating on doing a female coppers hawk this year.

I have learned a lot on here from reading everyone's post so I just want to say thanks to everyone for sharing there knowledge on here.

Justin Johnson
    Welcome Justin, I was talking to someone recently and your name came up as doing very well with your gos and redtail. I plan on getting a Minnesota license next season, I hope to add snowshoe hare to my quarry list while I am still flying my current gos. Maybe I will get to a MFA meet where I can meet you. I haven't done been to any MFA stuff in several years in several years.
    Ross Dirks
    Pheasant hawker in NW Iowa

Thanks Ross come on up to a meet sometime I would like to meet and fly with you somtime Im still very new to this and learning as I go and having a blast.
    Justin Johnson

'Sup dude, welcome. Let's see some pics in the 2014-15 shortwing season thread!
    -Jeff
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." --Marco Simoncelli

Justin,
    Welcome to NAFEX. I really enjoyed seeing your gos fly @ the MFA Major Meet.
    Maybe you, me & Ross can head north for snowshoe hare this coming season.
    Ben

I'll be there for sure!!! I've learned so much from watching respectful Falconers fly there birds and give me advice on my birds I love to learn new ways of doing things I'm always trying to keep one step in front of the birds.
    Justin Johnson

Thread Information