Quote Originally Posted by gemiller View Post
For those who have not read/understood the same thing I had not understood. I have had an epiphany, I'd like to post that after reading more information and data I am now under the impression that the transmitter included in the GPS kit is also transmitting on UHF bands, meaning you can use your existing UHF receiver for backup redundancy in case of GPS system failure or battery death.
The gps and uhf transmitter run off a single battery don't they? Im guessing you would be out of luck if the battery died unless you have a second transmitter on the bird.

I really enjoyed the video post Tanner added the other day. I think the novelty of the unit is great. Reviewing a flight on a 3D map or watching in real time on the screen gives a whole new perspective.

However, Im more of a practical guy interested in its use as a recovery tool. I haven't seen to many posts about recovering a bird with the system. Maybe after a few months of field use we see more recovery posts. Not that I want anyone to loose a bird of course. Although it would be in the name of science.
Ryan S.