Thread: Just finished NAF&HH 9th ed!

Default Just finished NAF&HH 9th ed!

It was a great read! I definitely recommend it (as everyone else has already done)! I'm not a falconer, but my girlfriend knew I had been researching it/looking to start and surprised me with the books.

I've been absorbing everything I can from the internet, but these books are incredibly enlightening. I read cover to cover and I'm sad there isn't more content! On to the next set of books!
    -Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    It was a great read! I definitely recommend it (as everyone else has already done)! I'm not a falconer, but my girlfriend knew I had been researching it/looking to start and surprised me with the books.

I've been absorbing everything I can from the internet, but these books are incredibly enlightening. I read cover to cover and I'm sad there isn't more content! On to the next set of books!
    Hi Lloyd,

in these days of the internet, it's easy for people to overlook books.
    But frankly, I don't believe the internet comes close to being as useful to the beginner as a good book/s, which by comparison offer a clear and progressive track, following one philosophy throughout, rather than somewhat disjointed snippets.

Best wishes,

Tony.

Also, my copy of naf&hh works fine when the power goes off.
    My only complaint is the 2 books
    combined weigh 10.5 pounds.
    The tablet I am using to write this post holds dozens of volumes and weighs 1.5 pounds.
    I may start only buying digital copies of books from now on.
    Eric Mayberry
    Calaveras, California

Just started mine a few days ago!!
    Nick Yashko

Quote Originally Posted by Tony James View Post
    Hi Lloyd,

in these days of the internet, it's easy for people to overlook books.
    But frankly, I don't believe the internet comes close to being as useful to the beginner as a good book/s, which by comparison offer a clear and progressive track, following one philosophy throughout, rather than somewhat disjointed snippets.

Best wishes,

Tony.
    Tony - definitely agree with you. I went into the book having pieced together bits of info about different birds and the process of raising and handling them, but having it all presented methodically with the basics leading into specifics was immeasurably beneficial. (I went into the book wondering what the appeal of accipiters was, and left excited to eventually fly one!)

Quote Originally Posted by Megapode View Post
    Also, my copy of naf&hh works fine when the power goes off.
    My only complaint is the 2 books
    combined weigh 10.5 pounds.
    The tablet I am using to write this post holds dozens of volumes and weighs 1.5 pounds.
    I may start only buying digital copies of books from now on.
    I know what you mean with the weight... some hefty books! I do like having a book in my hands over a purely digital copy. The convenience of digital is incredible, but some books I still prefer physical copies - specifically ones I want to leave bookmarks and tabs in for easy reference.

Quote Originally Posted by raptor38 View Post
    Just started mine a few days ago!!
    Enjoy! I actually am re-reading sections already (mostly on the Sharpie and Coopers right now). There is a lot of good information.
    -Lloyd

Ha ha! Appeal of accipiters. Self mutilation mostly.
    Ryan

Thread Information